HKMDB Daily News

June 22, 2009

June 22, 2009

Leon Lai
Leon Lai shooting a stunt scene five stories up in Tsim Sha Tsui for Dante Lam’s film, lit. Fire Dragon

Slide show of location shoot

Louis Koo

On His Majesty’s Secret Service (Forbidden City Cop: Smart Dog) with Louis Koo is scheduled for July 30 release in the Mainland

Ekin Cheng
Ekin Cheng - Storm Warriors

Tracing Shadows

“The Magic Aster” Starts Animation Battle of the Summer
Related video

Mulan: Ancient heroine hits Shanghai Film Festival
Teaser

Michelle Yeoh to star in John Woo kung fu movie
Woo, Yeoh set to collaborate on martial arts project
Michelle Yeoh
Michelle Yeoh - Shanghai International Film Festival closing ceremony

Danish-Swedish drama best film at Shanghai

‘Original’ tops in Shanghai awards

Karen Mok at closing ceremony

Shanghai film festival panned by critics
Shanghai Film Festival Catalyzes Co-Productions

A retrospective film from 1949-1959 (II)
Video - one hour program

New York Asian Film Fest: Bigger, Louder, Weirder
Hong Kong Bounces Back
Asian Movies All Over the Map

Tai tai tie-ups

Isabella Leong’s climb up the social ladder via Richard Li has set tongues wagging. But she’s not the only HK star who snagged a rich man

Fan Bingbing Cherishes Memories of the Past

Francis Ng

Photos from Francis Ng’s first fashion photoshoot in the Mainland

(Thanks to Valerie - this site’s No.1 Francis Ng Fan ;) )

Josephine Siao
Josephine Siao was spotted entering into a Hong Kong eye hospital accompanied by her daughter.

It is thought that a relapse of a 2003 eye condition (interior bleeding) has recurred. She stayed three hours at the hospital before leaving by taxi to a mall for dinner with her daughter. The daughter has been studying at university in the US but returned in recent months to work in Hong Kong and care for her mother.

Simon Yam and wife
Hong Kong Repetory School For Children where Simon Yam’s daughter attends school has two cases of H1N1

Martin Lee and Jimmy Lai likely targets of shooting plot

7 Comments

1. Francis looks pretty cool. Love the top knot!

Thanks for the link to that 1949-1959 retrospective program. I’m really looking forward to watching it. :)

Comment by duriandave — June 22, 2009 @ 4:18 pm

2. I’m glad I’m not the only one who likes Francis Ng’s topknot! Thanks for enabling my obsession–

Comment by valeriesoe — June 22, 2009 @ 5:29 pm

3. Thanks for the link to that 1949-1959 retrospective program. I’m really looking forward to watching it.

It might be my connection, but the program locked up on me after only a few minutes. :( I hope you have better luck.

My pleasure, those are pretty striking photos.

Comment by dleedlee — June 22, 2009 @ 5:46 pm

4. Francis Ng looks either perfectly outrageous or outrageously perfect in that shoot.

Who is the stiff with Karen Mok? He doesn’t seem to be identified in the caption but it looks like she might have dressed up a tailor’s dummy and dragged it along for the pictures.

Comment by ewaffle — June 23, 2009 @ 7:57 pm

5. From the accounting firm of Ernst and Young…

No, it’s a British director Stephen Daldry (The Reader).

Comment by dleedlee — June 24, 2009 @ 12:42 am

6. >>Francis Ng looks either perfectly outrageous or outrageously perfect in that shoot.

The latter, I think. You have to have a lot of self-esteem to go out in public like that, I suspect. And a really good bone structure.

Comment by valerie soe — June 24, 2009 @ 2:32 am

7. >No, it’s a British director Stephen Daldry (The Reader).

Now I get it. MDBG had “Read” in the caption but I didn’t make the connection.

Comment by ewaffle — June 24, 2009 @ 9:43 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress